I’m about to leave for my first New Year’s party. I had one of my own, once, but I don’t know if that could be called a party. More like some of my friends coming over to my house. I can’t even remember what I’ve done for New Year’s Eve the last few years, so this is going to be interesting.
I haven’t ate anything since last year:
I haven’t showered since last year:
One hour ago seems just like last year:
I miss everyone, I haven’t seen anyone since last year:
Is it bad that when I see gifs and graphics of young Ron and Hermione, I just think “You two are going to get married and have sex and babies” ?
For the rest of the three weeks
isn’t it “lightning”?
Top three words I misspell:
- avaliable for available
- lightening for lightning
- resturaunt for restaurant
And then I realize that the way I spell “lightening” is a valid word, just not for what I use it for.
- Stranger: allo?
- You: Oh thank goodness I finally got through
- You: Listen
- You: I'm a time traveler
- You: Or well, I was. I'm trapped in 1969
- Stranger: I don't think they have internet
- Stranger: but points for creativity
- You: It's all very complicated
- Stranger: sounds like it
- You: People assume that time is a straight progression of cause to effect
- You: But actually from a non-linear non-subjected viewpoint it's more like a ball of wibbly-wobbly timey whimey. ...stuff.
- Stranger: wrinkles!
- Stranger: along the lines of a wrinkle in time?
- Stranger: madeline l'engle?
- You: What matters is we can communicate. We've got big problems now.
- Stranger: such as?
- You: They have taken the blue box. The angels have the phone box.
- Stranger: you'll have to clarify...
- You: The lonely assassins they used to be called. No one quite knows where they came from but they're as old as the universe or very nearly and they have survived this long because they have the most perfect defense system ever evolved.
- You: They are quantum locked.
- You: They don't exist when they're being observed. The moment they are seen by any other living creature they freeze into rock. No choice, it's a fact of their biology.
- You: In the sight of any living thing they literally turn to stone, and you cant kill a stone. Course, a stone cant kill you either.
- You: But then you turn your head away.
- Stranger: but at least when it's alive, it will kill you nicely
- You: Then you blink.
- You: And oh yes it can.
- You: That's why they cover their eyes.
- You: They're not weeping, they cant risk looking at each other. They're greatest asset is they're greatest curse. They can never be seen.
- You: Loneliest creatures in the universe.
- Stranger: weeping angels
- You: And I'm sorry, I'm very, very sorry...
- You: It's up to you now.
- You: The blue box, that's my time machine.
- You: There's a world of time energy in there they could feast on forever but the damage they could do could switch off the sun.
- You: You have got to send it back to me.
- Your conversational partner has disconnected.